Wednesday, May 16, 2012

An Offer From the Blue!

Friends and family, last Tuesday was a very amazing day. I passed OA in March with a 5.5 for Consular. Med Clearance was done in late March for me, with plenty of complications for my 4 dependents. Looking like three of us are going to be Class 2. In mid-April I had my long security interview and my neighbors and friends were rousted on my behalf. I hadn't heard anything since then, so I sent an email to security clearances and got a nice surprise Monday- TS granted on 5/2. Cool, and very fast, right?


Well, that ain't got nothing on Tuesday. That morning in my inbox was an email from the Registrar saying, "you don't know this yet, but you were placed on the Register on 5/4. And, this is to offer you a place in the July A-100 Class." Holy Beans!


My initial reaction was like someone who was thrilled to learn their wife is pregnant and busy planning what September would be like, only to get called the next day and told "It's twins!" I mean, this was what I was shooting for, but JULY? Almost too much of a blessing.


So it was an amazing, stunning, scary, confounding, and thrilling day at our house.


Sean McKeating, Diplomat? Apparently so, apparently so.


-S

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the call! I have added a link to your blog to my blogroll of future FS blogs at http://lifeafterjerusalem.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete